In my last post I mentioned that Little Man (LM) had his spacer put in.
Today he had braces put on! Oh my goodness, I got a little teary-eyed! My little man looks like a teenager! What the What?!
He was so excited to get them on, you know, gives him something to show off and talk about at school. Yeah, not so much after the pain set in. Dosed him up with some ibuprofen before dropping him back at school.
His list of forbidden foods is pretty much all his favorite things. No pizza crust, or gummy bears, or soda or really crunchy or chewy or sticky foods. Sigh. So the kid was stressed out. "What am I supposed to eat?!" Good thing he is on a Chicken Noodle Soup kick right now. Just had to make the crackers soggy enough to eat. And chocolate/banana smoothies are a good option. :)
You can't really see them but the kids get to pick out colored bands that go around their brackets. The girl next to him wanted light pink. I thought for sure he would pick red (his favorite color) but he wanted lime green and black..cause "you know that's the color of the Lamborghini that I'll have when I grow up". Thats right, you dream big son. :D
On a separate note, I'm still working on our DIY projects. Supervised the new window installation, touching up the paint around the new windows, painting the master bathroom, painting the hall bath, painting the frame for the big mirror in the hall bath and getting everything ready for our Time Warner cable appointment tomorrow.
Let me go off on a rant here. AT&T U-verse SUCKS! In our neighborhood, their service is spotty at best and the signal gets dropped at least twice a day which screws with your DVR settings. And you know I get ALL KINDS OF CRAZY if Downton Abbey doesn't get recorded, or Vikings, or Castle, or Elementary....you get my point. So, since our contract is up we decided to go with Time Warner (TW). No contract! The only catch is you have to have a coax cable to each t.v., no wireless. I know, WHAT?! But we're going from 18 mbps (?) to 300 mbps. That means Super Fast Internet. And more reliable service.
Since the hubs is out of town on business (great timing), I get to locate said coax cable in the attic and make sure its accessible to the TW guy for tomorrow mornings appointment. I cannot convey the level of suckage that I experienced in the attic yesterday. After 2 meltdowns and several curse words, I found the stinking cord, fed it out the exterior wall and traced it to the room where we need it.
The husbs owes me.....BIG TIME.
Will post DIY pics after I have a chance to chill....... :D




No comments:
Post a Comment